14 pitches delivered Friday night and 5 of those were chosen to form teams. As the discussions continued, the participants eventually settled into 3 teams that went to work to bring these ideas to life. Meet the teams below.
RA RA Reader – A platform that merges audio and e-books, allowing anyone to record themselves reading and the reader to enjoy the e-book at their own pace while hearing the voice of someone they know.
Project Rudolph – Aims to tackle the problem of gift coordination for every occasion from weddings to holidays.
Tastimony – An interactive app that rates and recommends dishes at restaurants, giving users a more personalize and enjoyable dining experience.
Watch top 5 pitches: https://www.youtube.com/user/kansascitySW
11 additional ideas pitched:
- Garage Warz – app to find garage sales
- One Cart – one cart that allows you to save products from multiple web sites
- Advise Board – community support for entrepreneurs
- Cork It – wine recommendation app
- Swapping Shopping – swap your unused items for things you need with your neighbors
- Operation Inspiration – professional development for teachers
- ShelterNet – GPS coordinates to find people during rescue & recovery efforts after a disaster
- EDU Commute – expands the classroom infrastructure for telecommuting students
- Royal CCI – Bitcoin fund
- Better Tomorrow – journaling metrics to track your progress
- Second Circle – a friends of friends dating application